Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
1. What is my PIN number?
The last four digits of the telephone number you gave us when you registered for your library card.
2. Does Service Canada still come to the South Branch on Thursdays?
No, their current location is at Alberta Works in the TriCity Mall.
3. Can I return my books to either branch, no matter where I borrowed them?
Yes! And also at any library in TRAC, including (for example) Bonnyville or Jasper or Okotoks.
4. Do you have materials in other languages?
Yes, French at both branches, and several languages in the new language collection for children that's being developed at the North Branch. We can also help you request blocks of books (for adults and children) in these languages: Chinese, Cree, Czech, Dutch, Farsi, Filipino, German, Hindi, Japanese, Korean, Punjabi, Polish, Russian, Serbian, Spanish, Ukrainian.
5. Is the library "just" books?
No! We have tons of materials including comics, manga, magazines, playaways, movies/TV series, music, ebooks, audiobooks, home resource centre items (games, costumes!), and computer games.
6. Do you need a library card to come in and use the computers, attend programs or just look around?
7. Can I pay my fines online?
No, sorry. But we do accept cash or cheques at the front desk at either branch of the Cold Lake Public Library.
9. How much are your books for sale?
We do not set a price. The amount is a cash donation of your choosing.
10. Do you do faxing?
Yes, we have faxing at both branches. The cost to send is $1.00 per page.
12. Do you have free WIFI?
Yes, both branches have free WIFI.
13. Do you have a colour photocopier?
Yes, both branches have a photocopier that prints in colour. The cost is $1.00 per page